As of the beginning of the '90s, there were three models for the entry-level Volvo 240 -- a 4-door sedan, and two models for the 4-door station wagon (base and SE). The SE wagon contained special alloy wheels, all-black grille and trim.
The SE wagon was removed from the lineup after only being available for a limited time, and brand-new for 1992 was a GL 4-door sedan, exclusively made in the U.S. market, also only for a limited time.
With now just the base 4-door sedan and station wagon as the only two models for 1993, this would be the last year for the 240. After that, the Volvo 940 became the new entry level for two years.
- $20,820 (1992 Volvo 240 4DR Sedan)
- $21,320 (1992 Volvo 240 4DR Wagon)
- $21,495 (1992 Volvo 240 GL 4DR Sedan)
As of March 9, 1993:
- $22,720 (1993 Volvo 240 4DR Sedan)
- $23,720 (1993 Volvo 240 4DR Wagon)