The Mercury Capri was the brand's last convertible ever made.
Year-to-year changes[edit | edit source]
1991[edit | edit source]
The original Capri came with a 1.6-liter, 4-cylinder engine with 100 horsepower, while the XR2's engine came turbocharged with 132 horsepower. The convertible also included a driver-side airbag, power steering and all-disc brakes.
The Capri was mostly a carryover model for 1992 and 1993.
1994[edit | edit source]
In its last year, the Capri added a passenger airbag for the 1994 model year.
Retail prices[edit | edit source]
- $14,452 (1992 Mercury Capri)
- $13,265 (1993 Mercury Capri)
- $13,190 (1994 Mercury Capri)
- $17,250 (1992 Mercury Capri XR2)
- $15,015 (1993 Mercury Capri XR2)
- $14,900 (1994 Mercury Capri XR2)
Gallery[edit | edit source]